This CSR project was mooted by the Founder of GM Training Academy Mr Miichael Yeoh who believes that everyone should own a house at one point in their life. In order to do that they (homebuyer) must know some important facts and details before embarking into the process of buying a property.
He started the ball rolling in 2014 with the first My First Home Convention in Penang. The response was overwhelmed which left some participants standing throughout the whole event. Although it was a half day event, feedback from the participants were very encouraging and this prompted the 2nd edition of My First Home to be held again in Penang in May 2016. This time the event was extended to a full day sponsored by developers.
This 3rd Edition which will be in Kuala Lumpur will be structured to focus on important areas in buying property. Such areas include:
- Banking – Many homebuyers rushed into getting their loans without considering the impact if their loans were rejected. As it is already difficult to obtain loans they must ensure that when they submit their applications, the chances of getting it approved is higher. This is where the loan expert will share the importance in doing mortgage planning prior to any intentions to purchase.
- Legal – Understanding the legal terms in a purchase transaction. A lot of house buyer do not know what are the terms used and this is where we have a legal expert to share with them the fundamental terms in property transaction.
- Location – Location do impact on a purchase consideration. As such we have an expert to share with them where to buy and why such location is desirable now and in the future. Another expert will share on the blue print of Klang valley map out for the next 20 years to come. Where will be the growth area and the infrastructure to sustain the growing population; will be the focus topic.
- Financial Planning – Buying a property is a lifelong commitment and it requires proper financial planning. It not only affects one financially if things were to go awry but emotionally as well. We have an expert to share on the finer aspects to look into for home buyers when planning to buy their first home.
The specially selected speakers for the event are:
- Miichael Yeoh – Mortgage Expert
- Charles Tan – kopiandproperty founder
- Ishmael Ho – CEO of Ho Chin Soon Research
- Chris Tan – Founder of Chur Associates
- KC Lau – Financial Expert.
My First Home 3.0 KL Edition will be held on the 24th September 2016 and the venue is in Wisma MCA. The time is from 9am to 6pm.As this will be a free event, interested participants will have to register at www.miichaelyeoh/seminars/fhkl/ . *If after registering you are unable to attend please let us know as we would like to release the seat to other persons who are interested.
Venue: Wisma MCA, Jalan Ampang, KL
Date: 24th September 2016
Time: 9 am to 6 pm